Background

Opened as a private not-for-profit healthcare service in 1965 on the banks of beautiful Kandy lake its situated on a plot of land that was then known as the 'Rose cottage'. This cottage was the original medical care unit to which the first patient entered. Her gardens still lend to the well-being of patients and relatives alike.

Front View of LAH

Front View of LAH

Healthcare Viewpoint

Lakeside Adventist Hospital is a person orientated service which builds on fair time, fair price and best practice by a friendly, competent and caring staff.

Front garden

Front garden

New Wing on the right

Besides providing for various medical, surgical and support services, the new wing, which stands in the previous location of the early cottage, has a reception that welcomes patients and guides them towards outpatient services via an emergency room to multiple consultation offices and a pharmacy. It offers spacious, attractive and comfortable waiting room areas for awaiting appointments.

Reception

Reception

Pharmacy

Pharmacy

Cafeteria

A kitchen which serves vegetarian meals alongside an airy dinning room is part of this same new ground-floor complex.

You are a VIP

The next upper floor has about ten luxury patient private rooms, a high dependency unit adjacent to a fully equipped and up-to-date maternity suite for labour and delivery. Besides these offer the peace and tranquility of good views of the lake and gardens.

VIP Room

VIP Room

Radiology & Surgery

The other wing which opened in 1967 is now a diagnostic unit consisting of x-ray and fluroscopy, clinical and histopathological laboratories, electrocardiography, ultrasound and echocardiography. It also supports two well furnished surgeries for all general surgery, orthodpedic, maternity and endoscopic work.

Surgery

Surgery

Inpatient Services including Dialysis Unit

Though small, another extension opened in 1977 offers a total bed capacity of further forty inpatients which is made up of private rooms and two six-bed wards. A four bed kidney dialysis unit, three-bed chemotherapy room, three bed high dependency unit and a physiotherapy service are also housed here.

Dialyis unit

Dialyis unit

Dental Services

A dental unit and store stand on road level under the worship and prayer hall above it, at the end of this building.

Public Health

From inception, the hospital has been known for its public health emphasis by conducting health promotion in various communities both in Kandy and elsewhere. Healthy, disease reducing lifestyles, is the basis for its programs.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Wishing LAH the Best!

Wishing the best for LAH and ALL its personnel!! HK Fernando Family


8 comments:

  1. My father was hospitalised for two days here and it was our worst experience as rooms were not clean and linen was old and faded. Worst of all we requested them to clean our room and even after several reminders they didn't even bother to send a cleaner, So please think twice.
    Trevor Perera
    0778538870

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here for an emergency and I admit my father here .. It's more than 2 and half hours we are still waiting for the antibiotics and my father is screaming . Nobody here actually cares and the sister was so rude . They can at least take me as a customer as I am willing to pay for all these medications. I'm willing to talk with the chairman about this situation .ten fifteen years ago this pleace was priceless as my great grand mother had her own room .And now in 2017 this is how they treat patients .
    0766340553 is my number

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here for an emergency and I admit my father here .. It's more than 2 and half hours we are still waiting for the antibiotics and my father is screaming . Nobody here actually cares and the sister was so rude . They can at least take me as a customer as I am willing to pay for all these medications. I'm willing to talk with the chairman about this situation .ten fifteen years ago this pleace was priceless as my great grand mother had her own room .And now in 2017 this is how they treat patients .
    0766340553 is my number

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother admitted to this hospital for a check up. They took 3 days. She was discharged at 8.30 pm but we are still here untill they make bills and all. I do not recommend this hospital to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lake side cured cancer for my mother. I think that says everything you need to know abouth this hospital ,special thanks for doctor Buthpitiya and doctor Hilmy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
    Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with godly heart. Well - everything I decided all go through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got admitted on 28th morning due to illnesses. when I was channelled by OPD Doctors she refers me to a VP who was channelling at the same time but he didn't check my condition and just admitted me to room no 7 and asked me to get some reports.. the same day late night only VP visited me and not even 10 mnts he spent to check my condition he again referred to an osteopathic to check my condition. i am totally disappointed about the service and OPD Doctor she doesn't know to whom to refer and no treatment given to me to heal down my pain. My wife complains to management but no positive response from them.funny thing is they have charged Rs46000.00 and Doctor visit charges Rs11000.00 without even doing a proper check-up. I strongly advised if someone wants to visit a private hospital do not visit the lakeside. You only end up with paying huge amount without getting a proper solution to your illness they only worry about money. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

    ReplyDelete